Gullhaven Holiday Home
- Accommodation type:
- Contact Person:
- 11 Huxley Street, Currie, Tasmania, Australia
- 03 6462 1560
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Full-sized gas stove
- BBQ facility
- Two toilets, one bathroom (wet-room styled bathroom)
- Loungeroom has TV/DVD facility, gas heating, selection of reading material
- Bedrooms QB, DB, QS x 2 and regular singles x 2. el blankets (sleeps x 8 persons)
- Cot available
- All bedding and linen supplied
- Pillow selection menu
- Extras by request
Gullhaven Holiday Home (circa 1948) is situated in Huxley Street, the old “Toorak” end of Currie, and is a classic King Island house with large rooms, high ceilings and a country styled kitchen.
It was built by Mr Saville Darley, a local cray fisherman, for his bride Patricia and his eventual 5 daughters.
It backs onto crown land and the Bell Hill walking trails. Only a 2 minute walk into the heart of Currie and a short 10 minute walk to the Currie Harbour beaches. Other town attractions are within an easy walk. Well maintained, very clean and comfortable, she offers an older style of comfort that is pleasing and nowadays hard to find. Welcome to our little bit of King Island living history.