King Island Escapes- Porky Beach Retreat
- Accommodation type:
- Contact Person:
- Alexandra Quigley
- King Island, 135 Barnes Road, Loorana, Tasmania, Australia
- 0417 580 550
- Social media:
Porky Beach Retreat provides the following:
- Separate boot room entrance
- Underfloor heating
- Rainfall Showers
- Aesop personal amenities
- Jo Malone body and home fragrances
- Warm fluffy towels
- Luxurious soft bathrobes
- King size beds with luxurious linen or beds converted to long singles
- Full kitchen with gas stovetop
- Complimentary provisions include an organic tea selection, coffees, sugar, milk, bread, flour, biscuits, rice, onions, herbs, salt, pepper, oil, balsamic vinegar and all the practical things you might need like glad wrap, foil, and baking paper.
- Complimentary port, Breakfast provisions, Butlerʼs pantry. Board games, outdoor games, pushbikes, fishing equipment and boogie boards
- Free Wifi
- Huge curved smart tv
- Foxtel and all movies and sport channels
- Ziegler and Brown cast iron BBQ
- Handcrafted Oblica rotating Scantherm imported German fireplace that doubles as a work of art
- Bose sound system and more
- Latest selection of magazines
- Outdoor craftsman built on King Island red cedar barrel sauna with first and only in Australia a glass fronted rock heater
- Outdoor recessed bespoke red cedar hot tub overlooking the Southern Ocean
- King Island only artwork adorning the walls
- Luxury Mercedes V Class people mover available for rent
Porky Beach Retreat was developed with the key elements of luxury and dreams, which brings true tranquility; with a meticulous attention to detail in mind.
We believe you will experience a sense of the “Wow” factor and your own unique euphoria on entering the home. The home features spacious open plan interiors with floor to ceiling glass walls that invite in an abundance of natural light and warmth, as well as opening up the home to the breathtaking views and scenery that await you. Relax by a rotating panorama glass fireplace.
The architectural use of eco graded materials, glass and timbers, against a back drop of the southern ocean, creates quite a mesmerising experience as you transition through the home to the unsurpassed vista, of what is your private beach home.
The living space enjoys an open intimacy with a revolutionary patented rotating fireplace with a panoramic window; and yet is surrounded by what seems to be an ever distracting picturesque and ‘mind-blowingʼ seascape. This is only to be outdone by a unique bespoke built red cedar barrel sauna with a complete glass floor to ceiling window, with Australiaʼs first glass fronted rock heater from Estonia.
Recessed into the outside veranda and watching the sun go down and stars come up makes our unique cedar hot tub the favourite place to unwind after spending the day exploring or playing golf. Temperatures between 38 – 40 degrees will ensure a rewarding and unique sensory experience.