Kittawa Lodge1272 South Road, Pearshape Tasmania 7256, Australia
Kittawa Lodge is redefining the King Island experience, as the only luxury accommodation with on-site staff.
Set within an exclusive 96-acre property on King Island (off the North-West coast of Tasmania), enjoying over 750 metres of coastline, Kittawa Lodge comprises two private one-bedroom lodges, and offers refined boutique accommodation, with panoramic views of the untouched rugged coastal landscape.
Unparalleled sophistication and attention to detail await. Escape, revive, explore and indulge in the lap of luxury.
Entirely off-grid and surrounded by Tasmania’s pristine wilderness, Kittawa Lodge offers the best of eco-tourism.
At Kittawa Lodge our philosophy is simple – we believe that luxury boutique accommodation needs to be more than a place to stay.
You will be inspired, whether to relax, romance or rejuvenate. Your stay will be elevated to an experience, with personal touches and bespoke packages.
Complete with local delicacies, premium wines and exclusive amenities, at Kittawa Lodge your only company will be the local Red Necked Wallabies.
Kittawa Lodge has been listed as:
- One of the top 12 “Incredible Bathtubs With A View” in Australia, as selected by Tourism Australia (2020).
- One of the “100 Ways To Holiday Here This Year”, as selected by Australian Traveller in partnership with Tourism Australia (2020).
- One of the seven “Best Ways To Holiday In Tasmania”, as selected by Australian Traveller in partnership with Tourism Australia (2020).
- One of the eight “Best Island Holidays In Australia”, as selected by Australian Traveller in partnership with Tourism Australia (2020).
- One of the eight “Perfect Weekend Getaways In Tasmania”, as selected by Qantas’ Travel Insider (2020).
- One of the four “Secluded Spots To Get Away From It All” in Tasmania, as selected by The Weekend Australian (2020).
- Free Parking
- Kitchen Facilties
- Wood Fire
- Ocean View
- Rural View
Following your payment of the Amount if you cancel your booking with us:
- less than 42 days (but more than 28 days) prior to the commencement of your stay with us you will be liable for and you will forfeit the Amount referable to the first night of your stay with us – if applicable we will refund the balance of the Amount paid by you after making this deduction; or
- equal to or less than 28 days prior to the commencement of your stay with us you will be liable for and you will forfeit the full Amount (this will also apply if you fail to arrive for your stay) – if applicable no refund will be made to you and you agree that we will be entitled to retain (for any use or purpose) the full Amount.
You may not transfer your booking to another person. If you are unable to stay with us as provided for in your booking the cancellation policy (above) will apply.
We may allow you to transfer your booking or any part of the Amount paid by you to another person however we will have no obligation to do so and this allowance will be made in our absolute discretion.
Changes you wish to make to your booking
We understand that your travel plans or circumstances may change. You must notify us of any change to your booking at least 14 days prior to the commencement of your stay with us but in any event as soon as possible before you stay with us. Your request for a change will be subject to the availability of your desired change (including changes to dates and packages) (New Booking).
If we confirm that the New Booking is available and you wish to change your booking:
- more than 28 days prior to the commencement of your stay with us the change will be free of charge; or
- equal to or less than 28 days prior to the commencement of your stay with us you will be liable for and must pay us an administrative fee of AUD$100 for the reasonable costs incurred by us in relation to the change (Change Fee).
We may waive the Change Fee or any part of the Change Fee however we will have no obligation to do so and this waiver will be made (or not) in our absolute discretion. You authorise us to charge or debit your credit card or debit card the details of which you provide to us through the booking process to collect (or receive payment for) the Change Fee.
If we do not confirm the New Booking you may decide the either continue with your existing booking or otherwise cancel your booking (in which case the terms relating to cancellation of bookings will apply).
Changes we may make to your booking
Your booking may be subject to change by us due to unexpected or unforeseen circumstances or events.
If we are unable to satisfy any aspect of your booking due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control we will notify you as soon as practicable if we need to cancel or reschedule your booking or remove any inclusions from your booking and we will use our reasonable endeavours to reschedule the booking at an alternate time or add alternate inclusions as the case may be as agreed between you and us (acting reasonably).
If we cancel your booking because of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control and we cannot find an alternate time agreeable between you and us (acting reasonably) you will receive a refund of the Amount that had been paid by you.
Other than the amount payable under the preceding paragraph (if applicable) you will not be entitled to any other payments from us and you release and discharge us from all other claims on any basis whatsoever arising from or in connection with the cancellation of or change to your booking.
COVID-19 specific terms
Despite anything in the earlier sections if:
- any aspect of your booking cannot be satisfied by us due to our compliance with any advice directive requirement policy or law of or from any Governmental representative body or office or for any other reason arising from or in connection with COVID-19 or novel coronavirus; or
- border restrictions are still in place at the time of your original scheduled stay resulting in you being unable to travel to us on the dates of your original scheduled stay
then the Amount will continue to be retained by us and your booking will be postponed until such time as you and/or us are able to satisfy your booking as agreed between us and you acting reasonably.
You agree that once your stay is rescheduled under the preceding paragraph you will not be entitled to cancel or reschedule your stay again. If after agreeing to a rescheduled date for your stay you wish to cancel your booking you may do so but you will be liable for and you will forfeit the full Amount (this will also apply if you fail to arrive for your stay) – no refund will be made to you and you agree that we will be entitled to retain (for any use or purpose) the full Amount.
We highly recommend holding and maintaining travel insurance prior to staying and during your stay with us. We accept no responsibility for your failure to do so nor will we be liable for any claim for which if you had held or maintained travel insurance you would have been entitled to claim the recovery of insurance proceeds.
Damage theft purchases and incidentals
During you stay you will be permitted to purchase alcohol artwork and other goods and products specifically listed for sale or purchase in your lodge. If you use or purchase any such items the specified cost for that item will be charged to your account (Purchase Cost) and you must pay the Purchase Cost to us prior to your departure.
You authorise us to charge or debit your credit card or debit card the details of which you provide to us through the booking process (or otherwise prior to or during your stay with us) to collect (or receive payment for) the Purchase Cost.
If you or any person travelling with you cause or contribute to any loss or damage to (or theft of) any property (including real or personal property) owned leased or licensed to us (or any of our directors officers employees or contractors) we may reasonably assess the likely costs of replacing or rectifying the lost or damaged property (including freight and logistics costs) and/or any other loss or damage which may likely result from such loss or damage and recover such costs loss and damage from you (Loss).
You must pay us the Loss upon demand by us. You authorise us to charge or debit your credit card or debit card the details of which you provide to us through the booking process to collect (or receive payment for) the Loss.
Content you upload or share
We encourage you to interact with our Site and our endorsed social media profiles!
You may be permitted to post upload publish submit or transmit relevant information and content on our Site another website or through the use of a social media site (User Content). If you make any User Content available on or through our Site any other website or a social media site you grant to us a worldwide irrevocable perpetual non-exclusive transferable royalty-free licence to use the User Content with the right to use view copy adapt modify distribute license transfer communicate publicly display publicly perform transmit stream broadcast access or otherwise exploit such User Content on through or by means of our Site any other website and/or any social media site and/or for any marketing purpose.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Site any other website and/or through the use of a social media site.
We do not endorse or approve and are not responsible for any User Content. We may at any time (at our sole discretion) remove any User Content including from our Site or our social media site.
Our liability is limited
To the maximum extent permitted by law we (and our directors and officers) are not responsible and you must not make any claim against us (and our directors and officers) for any loss damage or expense howsoever arising whether direct or indirect and/or whether present unascertained future or contingent (Liability) suffered or incurred by you or any third party arising from or in connection with:
- your or the third party’s use of our Site and/or our Content and/or any inaccessibility of interruption to or outage of our Site and/or any loss or corruption of data and/or the fact that our Content is incorrect incomplete or out-of-date; and
- your booking (including any change or cancellation of your booking) and/or your or the third party’s stay with us and/or your or the third party’s use operation and/or occupation of the property premises facilities amenities provisions and other services and/or any recommendation or advice given by us in connection with your stay.
To the maximum extent permitted by law you must indemnify (and hold harmless) us our directors and officers and employees against any Liability suffered or incurred by us arising from or in connection with:
- your use of our Site and/or your booking and/or your stay with us including the use of any property owned leased or licensed by or to us;
- any breach by you (or any person travelling with you) of these Terms and/or any applicable laws; and/or
- any personal injury illness and/or death and/or property loss or damage caused or contributed to by you (or any person travelling with you).
This indemnity is a continuing obligation independent from the other obligations under these Terms and continues after these Terms end and you will be liable under this indemnity upon demand by us. It is not necessary for us (or our directors officers or employees) to suffer or incur any Liability before enforcing a right of indemnity under these Terms.